A candidate must pass the Operational Level (Part I & II) of the institute examination to be eligible as Graduate member of the Institute. He or she uses the designation Grad.CIML after his /her names. Candidate with equivalent qualification approved by the council may also be admitted.
An Associate member of the Institute is one who has passed the final examination level of the Institute and has a minimum of three (3) years Managerial and Leadership experience. He/She uses the designatory ACIML after his or her name. Holders of Professional qualification approved by the council with a minimum of three (3) years managerial experience may also be considered for membership
A Full member of the Institute is one who has matured from Associate Membership to Full Membership of the institute. He must not be less than 30 years and must have a minimum of six (6) years Managerial and Leadership experience. He/She uses the designatory MCIML after his or her name. Candidate with a professional qualification approved by the council with a minimum of six (6) years managerial experience may also be considered for membership.
Fellowship of CIML is the most prestigious grade of CIML Membership – A true mark of distinction and aspiration for all, and the designation of Fellowship is now more than ever a badge of achievement. He/she uses the designatory letters FCIML after his/her name.
To become a Fellow Member (FCIML), one has to fulfill the following requirements:
- Have been a Full Member (MCIML) for a continuous period of not less than 5 years.
- Has had not less than 10 years of Managerial and Leadership experience, having demonstrably worked (supported by examples of required competencies, roles and responsibilities as evidenced by convincing practical cases) at a strategic level during the 3 years immediately preceding the date of the application. A panel interview based assessment may be required on a case-by-case basis.
- Contribute to the creation and transmission of knowledge in all areas of Management and Leadership with emphasis on issues faced by firms, organizations and society at large.
- Contribute to the efforts of CIML Council in the creation, transmission, communication, and application of knowledge in all areas of Management and Leadership
- Help meet the teaching and research manpower needs of academia and industry by producing highly skilled individuals with exceptional analytical ability and training in conducting specialized research